[typo] Problems running typo - `/' not found

Mark Reid mark at threewordslong.com
Thu Jul 7 22:39:48 EDT 2005


That nailed it!

I commented out the second last line in `config/environment.rb`, namely:
	#  
ActionController::CgiRequest::DEFAULT_SESSION_OPTIONS.update(: 
database_manager => CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore)

and that did the trick. Everything seems to be working fine now. Going  
to `http://localhost:3000/ took me to the admin screen where I set up a  
blog and posted an entry. Going back to `http://localhost:3000/  
displayed the new article.

I had tried typo-2.0.6 with an earlier version of rails a few weeks ago  
so maybe some sessions got saved incorrectly there. I'm surprised  
anything has persisted as I completely removed every version of rails  
and its associated libraries before installing 0.13. I also deleted all  
my typo databases.

Where do the database based sessions get stored?

Thanks for the extremely prompt and useful help!

Mark.

On 08/07/2005, at 12:30 PM, Tobias Luetke wrote:

> i'm really curious myself. Typo uses database based sessions. Try to
> delete the session related line in the end of typo's environment.rb
> which will switch it back to filestore.
>
> The sql session store was rewritten in 0.13. I'll forward this to the
> author but unfortunatly I cannot reproduce
>
> On 7/7/05, Mark Reid <mark at threewordslong.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got the latest version with `svn checkout
>> svn://leetsoft.com/typo/trunk typo` and followed the same steps below
>> with the following changes.
>>
>>         1. I deleted my `typo_dev` database and re-initialised it  
>> using the
>> svn copy of the schema.
>>
>>         2. I changed the header of `./script/server` from `#!
>> /opt/local/bin/ruby` to `#! /usr/local/bin/ruby`.
>>
>> The same problem occurred. The server trace this time was:
>>
>> #<NoMethodError: undefined method `new_session' for
>> #<CGI::Session:0x279f6d4 @session_id="b4a5db436d02369c">>
>> ["/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/session/active_record_store.rb:244:in `initialize'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/cgi/session.rb:266:in `new'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/cgi/session.rb:266:in `initialize'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/cgi_process.rb:94:in `new'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/cgi_process.rb:94:in `session'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/base.rb:729:in `assign_shortcuts'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/base.rb:343:in `process'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>> action_controller/rescue.rb:20:in `process_with_exception'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/dispatcher.rb:34: 
>> in
>> `dispatch'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:
>> 103:in `handle_dispatch'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:
>> 69:in `service'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:97:in
>> `service'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:58:in
>> `run'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:153:in
>> `start_thread'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:147:in
>> `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:147:in
>> `start_thread'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:97:in
>> `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:89:in `each'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:89:in `start'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:79:in `start'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:79:in `start'",
>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:
>> 55:in `dispatch'", "./script/server:49"]
>> [2005-07-08 12:20:55] ERROR `/' not found.
>> 127.0.0.1 - - [08/Jul/2005:12:20:53 EST] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 270
>> - -> /
>>
>> What's the `new_session`         method that the CGI server is having  
>> trouble
>> finding?
>>
>> Mark.
>>
>> On 08/07/2005, at 12:13 PM, Tobias Luetke wrote:
>>
>>> can you try to get the latest version from subversion and see if that
>>> works?
>>>
>>> On 7/7/05, Mark Reid <mark at threewordslong.com> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I recently downloaded typo 2.0.6 and rails 0.13 and tried to run  
>>>> them
>>>> on OS 10.3.9 Mac using MySQL 4.1.7-standard.
>>>>
>>>> I got the server up and running but when I visit
>>>> `http://localhost:3000/`I get a messge:
>>>>
>>>>         Not Found
>>>>
>>>>         `/' not found.
>>>>         WEBrick/1.3.1 (Ruby/1.8.2/2004-11-03) at localhost:3000
>>>>
>>>> Here's the steps I took:
>>>>
>>>>         1. $ sudo gem install rails
>>>>                 Successfully installed rails-0.13.0
>>>>                 Successfully installed activesupport-1.1.0
>>>>                 Successfully installed activerecord-1.11.0
>>>>                 Successfully installed actionpack-1.9.0
>>>>                 Successfully installed actionmailer-1.0.0
>>>>                 Successfully installed actionwebservice-0.8.0
>>>>
>>>>         2. $ cd /tmp ; tar xf typo-2.0.6.tar
>>>>
>>>>         3. $ cd typo-2.0.6
>>>>
>>>>         4. $ vi config/databases.yml    # Added password to
>>>> development config
>>>>
>>>>         5. Set up a database called `typo_dev` in mysql.
>>>>
>>>>         6. $ mysql -u root -p typo_dev < db/schema.mysql.sql
>>>>
>>>>         7. $ ./script/server
>>>>                 => Rails application started on http://0.0.0.0:3000
>>>>                 [2005-07-08 11:54:08] INFO  WEBrick 1.3.1
>>>>                 [2005-07-08 11:54:08] INFO  ruby 1.8.2 (2004-11-03)
>>>> [powerpc-darwin7.5.0]
>>>>                 [2005-07-08 11:54:08] INFO
>>>> WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=2901
>>>> port=3000
>>>>
>>>>         8. Pointed Safari to http://localhost:3000/ and got the  
>>>> error
>>>> message
>>>> `/' not found.
>>>>
>>>> The server spat out the following:
>>>>
>>>> #<NoMethodError: undefined method `new_session' for
>>>> #<CGI::Session:0x279f530 @session_id="c71a572ebcdd816d">>
>>>> ["/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/session/active_record_store.rb:244:in  
>>>> `initialize'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/cgi/session.rb:266:in `new'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/cgi/session.rb:266:in `initialize'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/cgi_process.rb:94:in `new'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/cgi_process.rb:94:in `session'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/base.rb:729:in `assign_shortcuts'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/base.rb:343:in `process'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.0/lib/
>>>> action_controller/rescue.rb:20:in `process_with_exception'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/dispatcher.rb: 
>>>> 34:
>>>> in
>>>> `dispatch'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/ 
>>>> webrick_server.rb:
>>>> 103:in `handle_dispatch'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/ 
>>>> webrick_server.rb:
>>>> 69:in `service'",  
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:97:in
>>>> `service'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:58:in
>>>> `run'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:153:in
>>>> `start_thread'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:147:in
>>>> `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:147:in
>>>> `start_thread'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:97:in
>>>> `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:89:in `each'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:89:in `start'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:79:in `start'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:79:in `start'",
>>>> "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.13.0/lib/ 
>>>> webrick_server.rb:
>>>> 55:in `dispatch'", "./script/server:48"]
>>>> [2005-07-08 11:55:18] ERROR `/' not found.
>>>> 127.0.0.1 - - [08/Jul/2005:11:55:16 EST] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 270
>>>> - -> /
>>>>
>>>> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it would be
>>>> appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Mark.
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Typo-list mailing list
>>>> Typo-list at rubyforge.org
>>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tobi
>>> http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck
>>> http://typo.leetsoft.com - Open source weblog engine
>>> http://blog.leetsoft.com - Technical weblog
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Typo-list mailing list
>>> Typo-list at rubyforge.org
>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list
>>
>>
>
>
> -- 
> Tobi
> http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck
> http://typo.leetsoft.com - Open source weblog engine
> http://blog.leetsoft.com - Technical weblog



More information about the Typo-list mailing list