[typo] handling amount of comments

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Wed Jul 6 15:33:46 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 14:36 -0700, Robby Russell wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 17:15 -0400, Tobias Luetke wrote:
> > whats really weird is that i had 500 comments once myself and it
> > didn't cause any grief other then long scrolling. Anyways, once static
> > caching is in its no problem. I'm not so sure about pagination, i
> > always dislike it and I think its really rare that a blog gets over
> > 100 posts in normal operation.
> >
> > Hrm.
>
> I'd think that with over 100 comments of un-threaded comments would be
> painful to look at on one screen anyways.
>
> While we're at it, what about threaded comments? I prefer this form of
> comment viewing/responding. (especially when the number of comments gets
> larger)

I wanted to follow up on this a bit more. I realized that we could
easily add another field to the articles table called 'comment_count' so
that we could utilize the counter cache. For some reason, when Curt logs
into his admin area, it times out because the number of comments is in
the several thousand. Do you think that this would help things?

-Robby

--
* Robby Russell, Owner.Developer.Geek