[typo] Typo Theme Contest Redux

Dusty Jewett dusty.jewett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:16:37 EST 2005

I too thought Lush should have finished much higher, but I think I know why
the results ended up the way they did....

The designs that won are nice... If this were a contest on nicest looking
blogs, I could see how the judges scored the way they did.

However, I'm concerned that many of the designs that won are not suited to
being themes, as they're rather unadaptable.

So, I think the majority of the dismay comes from a mis-communication

I think this contest ended up being good for the community, if for no other
reason than it got people showing off their themes. Any redux done now would
be in poor taste, however, I do feel that once the userbase gets larger, and
there is a site dedicated to themes, and the public can vote on themes,
another contest would be helpful to bring in new themes.

Speaking of, I know that Geoffrey had posted that the typogarden.com will
continue hosting themes, I don't know if he's planning on maintaining it, or
someone else will be, but I'm glad it's there as a resource, and hopefully
the site can be developed into an easily accessible repository.