[typo] Anyone planning to add these features? (Registration /tagging / emails)

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Thu Dec 22 15:42:40 EST 2005

On 22 Dec '05, at 11:24 AM, phil wrote:

> This is in CVS:
> Notification
> Typo can notify you when new articles or comments are posted
> Email address to use in From: field when Typo sends mail:
> Jabber account to use when sending Jabber notifications:
> Password for Jabber account:

Thanks … but is this setup part of the account? If so, it won't meet
my needs until self-registration of accounts is implemented.

> My old site (4 years of posts, and some comments) runs Drupal. It's
> more politically oriented (less personal) but I'd like to look into
> migrating it into Typo in the next month or so as I'm getting more
> confident with it.  Plus I love Typo's themes now ;)

The forum/BBS features of Drupal still seem quite a ways beyond what
Typo is capable of, unless I'm missing something (I.e. users can
create topics and multiple threads in topics, with permissions to
govern who can post where.)

--Jens