[typo] Anyone planning to add these features? (Registration /tagging / emails)

phil phil at cryer.us
Thu Dec 22 14:24:26 EST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:11:31 -0800, Jens Alfke <jens at mooseyard.com> wrote:
> * Email notification sent to commenters, of new comments. (Most BBSs
> support this. I'm aware that Typo has per-post RSS feeds, but IMHO
> email notifications work better because they don't require the user
> to configure anything.)

This is in CVS:

Typo can notify you when new articles or comments are posted

Email address to use in From: field when Typo sends mail:

Jabber account to use when sending Jabber notifications:

Password for Jabber account:

> I was halfway through setting up a Drupal site for my blog when I ran
> across Typo, and though Typo is lovely looking and I prefer Ruby to
> PHP, I think I will continue with Drupal since it offers these features.

My old site (4 years of posts, and some comments) runs Drupal. It's more politically oriented (less personal) but I'd like to look into migrating it into Typo in the next month or so as I'm getting more confident with it.  Plus I love Typo's themes now ;)

http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it