[typo] Anyone planning to add these features? (Registration / tagging / emails)

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Thu Dec 22 14:11:31 EST 2005

After my misadventure with sqlite, I reconfigured Typo to use MySQL
and now it works fine.

There are a few features missing that I really want, though; are
these in the works?

* Ability for people to register their own accounts (optionally
requiring admin approval)

* Adding arbitrary tags to a post, with tags listed in sidebar and
searchable. (Also I believe there is a microformat for declaring a
post's tags to search engines?)

* Email notification sent to commenters, of new comments. (Most BBSs
support this. I'm aware that Typo has per-post RSS feeds, but IMHO
email notifications work better because they don't require the user
to configure anything.)

I was halfway through setting up a Drupal site for my blog when I ran
across Typo, and though Typo is lovely looking and I prefer Ruby to
PHP, I think I will continue with Drupal since it offers these features.

I am a programmer and I know some Ruby, but unfortunately I already
have too many copious-spare-time projects to consider hacking these
into Typo myself...

--Jens