[typo] Typo Theme Contest Redux

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:12:52 EST 2005

Woah there. I certainly hope that's not the case!

Personally, I was surprised by the results. I thought Lush was going
to get 2nd or 3rd.
But, It would be pure insanity for anyone to complain about it at
this point. The results are it. The winners have been chosen. The
prizes have been given out.

It comes down to this: The good themes will be used. The crappy
themes won't be used. If you didn't win a prize and you DO get a
bunch of people using your theme, what better prize could you have
asked for? If you don't get anyone using your theme, maybe your theme
sucks, let it go! Complaining about the results of a contest 23 days
after it ended is not going to win you a lot of friends.

The whole point of the contest was a HUGE success. We got like 150
new themes for Typo. We got a huge amount of publicity. We smoothed
some of the rough edges in the way Typo handles themes in a new
stable release.

This has been totally awesome!

I think everyone would agree that… it would take a serious loser to
want to dowse the flames of success with the fetid pond scum of
negativity.

Don't worry Goeff, most people actually do appreciate what you'd done
to make this contest work. The judges are awesome. You have put a
serious amount of work into the Rails community and now the Typo
community.

All the 1337 hax0rs out there, lets give Geoff and everyone who
submitted a Theme, all the judges, and all the sponsors... a huge
round of applause! <insert MP3 of applause here>

— Thomas Aylott

PS: Check out subtleGradient.com for the award-losing subtleTheme &
subtleSpeed Typo 2.6 themes. ;)