[typo] Typo Theme Contest Redux

Geoffrey Grosenbach boss at topfunky.com
Tue Dec 20 16:59:26 EST 2005

 From my vast network of informants I've heard reports that some
people are passing around a petition to complain about the results of
the Typo Theme Contest.

I hope this is not true, but if such a petition does exist, please
inform the perpetrators that:

* The contest was made possible by very generous sponsors, and
bothering them with your post-contest woes is not a good way to thank
them.
* No one was guaranteed to receive any prize. You should have been
motivated by a desire to improve Typo and to give back to the community.

I put at least 80-100 hours into the running of this contest and
never expected to receive anything in return. Tobias, Scott, Piers,
Patrick, and many others have put thousands of hours into the
development of Typo and have not received either a PowerBook or a
free pony for their efforts.

I really hope this is the last I hear of this and that we can move on
from the contest (which was a great success). However, please contact
me directly with any complaints.

Thank you,

Geoffrey Grosenbach
boss at topfunky.com