[typo] apache2/fastcgi/windowsXPsp2/typo and "FastCGI: incomplete headers (35 bytes) received from server" error

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Sun Dec 11 13:05:55 EST 2005

On Dec 11, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> hello! the subject of this mail is driving me nuts :(
> i did a lot of googling and groups as well as lists.
> i get the infamous "header imcomplete ..." when running lthe latest
> typo release (2.6.0)
> the strange is that if i access the "typo.example.com/" url the system
> works perfectly (under fcgi) but as soon as i try to access the
> "typo.example.com/admin" url i get the "Application error. Typo cannot
> be reached" error.
> is someone on the list running **successfully** typo under the same
> stack of mine? (apache2/mysql4/windowsxp2/typo2.6.0)
> any giudance will be very much appreciated!
> thanks.

Two things.

First, sweep your cache (rake sweep_cache)--the "/ works while /admin
doesn't" really just means that there's an entry for / in the page
cache and Apache is serving it up without bothering to talk to Rails
at all.

Second, check your logs.  Odds are either Apache's error log or
Typo's logs will say something useful.  If that fails, try running ./
public/dispatch.fcgi by hand from the commandline and see what
happens--odds are it's giving some sort of error message and that's
confusing Apache.