[typo] Hacking login

David Richardson gilgit at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:37:42 EST 2005

I would like a private weblog for multiple users. Can anyone tell my why movingbefore_filter :login_required, :except => [ :login, :signup ]from the base controller to the application controller does not accomplish this?
This certainly protects the site, but a successful login from the siteroot sends the user to the admin section. Unfortunately, attempts toview the content send the user back to the login screen.
Note: It is necessary to disable caching for this to work at all -another indication that the current caching strategy is brittle and alittle too tightly coupled to individual aspects of the application.