[typo] Typo Forums Now Available! (Moderators wanted!)

Andreas Schwarz usenet at andreas-s.net
Sat Dec 10 20:18:16 EST 2005

Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On 12/8/05, Freedom Dumlao <freedom at freedomdumlao.com> wrote:
>>For example, after my long discussion with Victor, and after several
>>comments having been made by folks on the mailing list, I wanted to
>>be sure that I would be able to link the mailing list with the forum.
>>This feature has been implemented and is being tested as I type this
>>text (we'll know it works if it shows up on the forums!).
> Does everyone really want all user support questions showing up in the
> mailing list though?  I strongly believe the mailing list and forums
> cater to different audiences and as such should be kept separate.

The only difference is that the entry threshold for the forum is lower.
That means more noise, but it also means more people to discuss and
answer questions. If you want a separation between developer and user
discussions, create two forums/lists, but to keep developers in the
mailing list and users in the forum seems somewhat arbitrary.