[typo] Postgres Issue with Migrate BoolifyContentAllowFoo

Paul Hart mail at paulhart.ca
Fri Dec 9 14:58:14 EST 2005

Jeffrey, Piers,

Thanks for your help so far. I'm on the digest version of the mailing
list, so I'll respond to both of you in turn.

Piers: I might roll back to 739, but I'd prefer to have this fixed (and
do what I can, if anything, to help). I haven't been on IRC in years, so
I guess the person you were chatting with wasn't me! :)

Jeffrey, I modified the code as you suggested in your mail. That fixed
the issue with the allow_comments, but now it's hanging up on
allow_pings. I find that weird, because it appears (to my
rails-newbie-ish eyes) that the migrate script should be doing both
allow_comments and allow_pings.

I'm guessing that by doing the two separately postgres is happy about
the one fix, but whiney about the second not being there yet? My rails
UPDATE statment always seems to include all the columns regardless of
which ones have changed, and that would be an issue given this method of

In a way it's halfway there; in another it isn't really ;)