[typo] Postgres Issue with Migrate BoolifyContentAllowFoo

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Fri Dec 9 14:10:31 EST 2005

Paul Hart <mail at paulhart.ca> writes:

> Hi all,
> I'm running Typo-current with the latest Rails release (RC4 I guess!)
> and a PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
> During the migrate 35, there is a problem with the update query; the
> message in the logfile is:
> ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid (PGError: ERROR:  column "allow_comments"
> is of type boolean but expression is of type integer
> HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
> The start of the query is:
> UPDATE contents SET "keywords" = '', "created_at" = '2005-11-29
> 19:15:00', "allow_comments" = 1, "extended" = 'There [...]'
> Suggestions? :)

I presume it was you I was chatting with on channel today? If so, I
have to say I'm stumped. We walked through all the steps that the
boolification process takes in from an :integer type column to a
:boolean column and everthing seemed to work.

So, I'm slightly puzzled.

If anyone else is thinking of upgrading postgres to HEAD, I'd really
appreciate it if you could pop up on IRC before you make the shift and
see if I'm around (pdcawley). If not, I'd suggest just doing

$ svn up -r 789

Which is the last migration before I started boolifying
stuff. Boolification doesn't buy any new features, yet, it just makes
the code slightly more habitable for us programmers. Well, that's the theory.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>