[typo] Jabber notification

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Tue Dec 6 18:48:20 EST 2005

Okay, it didn't take much to get me interested in this one. ;-)

I turned on Jabber notification and messages weren't sending.  No big
deal, I assumed that some error was going on so as always, into the
console.

>> me = User.find_all[0]
=> (cut)
>> JabberNotify.send_message(me, "test", "Test body", "")
** Sending Test body to trejkaz at trypticon.org via jabber.
NameError: undefined local variable or method `logger' for JabberNotify:Class
        from ./lib/jabber.rb:17:in `send_message'
        from (irb):16

Okay... but luckily there is an easy way to reproduce the error by itself:

>> JabberNotify.session
TypeError: can't convert nil into String
        from ./vendor/jabber4r/lib/jabber4r/protocol.rb:225:in `+'
        from ./vendor/jabber4r/lib/jabber4r/protocol.rb:225:in
`gen_open_stream'
        from ./vendor/jabber4r/lib/jabber4r/session.rb:213:in `initialize'
        from ./vendor/jabber4r/lib/jabber4r/session.rb:140:in `bind'
        from ./lib/jabber.rb:30:in `session'
        from (irb):18

Any idea what's going on?  The line it's pointing at concatenates some
strings, the only variable one seems to be the host.  So the host is nil,
but why?

TX