[typo] Error "Extending Content table" when upgrading/migrating

Chris Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Tue Dec 6 16:02:42 EST 2005

I was on a older version of typo, 471 or something, from svn.  I tried
updating to the latest and doing the usual "rake migrate".  But, I get
errors like this:

  $ rake migrate RAILS_ENV="production"
  (in /users/home/chrisb/public_html/typo)
  Extending Content table
  rake aborted!
  Duplicate column name 'article_id': ALTER TABLE contents ADD
article_id int(11)
  ./Rakefile:218

I was able to svn update to 636 and it appears to have migrated
successfully.  But now, trying to go to 683 or later fails (I got
those revision numbers from some past mailing list postings about
other issues).

Any suggestions?