[typo] A possibly dumb question...

Rodger Donaldson rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz
Tue Dec 6 04:20:05 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:49:59AM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
> rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz writes:
>
> > With a typo 2.6 install, I see properly formed hyperlinks in comments on
> > blog entries are being rendered as plain text.  The comments filter is set
> > to Markdown with Smartypants.
> >
> > Bug?  Feature?  User error?
>
> A glance at test/functional/articles_controller_test.rb seems to imply
> it's a bug.
>
> Looking at the implementation of
> ArticlesControllerTest#test_comment_spam1 I reckon a new test along
> the lines of this should expose any bug.
>
>   def test_comment_spam_with_markdown_smartypants
>     settings[:comment_text_filter] = "markdown smartypants"
>     test_comment_spam1
>   end
>
> Where 'test_comment_spam1' takes a string with a well formed link in
> it and simply turns it into a 'nofollow' link (and adds <p>...</p>
> wrappers round the string).
>
> I'll have a proper look later.

Along those lines, it's also (I notice) adding another nofollow
attribute every time the comment is edited, irrespective of whether
there's already one there.

Rodger Donaldson		rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz
>And here I thought the brain was the ultimate sex toy.
Overrated, really.  The container is such a pain to open, and it's only
much fun while it's warm and fresh. -- Kai Henningsen & Patrick R. Wade