[typo] A possibly dumb question...

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Tue Dec 6 03:49:59 EST 2005

rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz writes:

> With a typo 2.6 install, I see properly formed hyperlinks in comments on
> blog entries are being rendered as plain text.  The comments filter is set
> to Markdown with Smartypants.
> Bug?  Feature?  User error?

A glance at test/functional/articles_controller_test.rb seems to imply
it's a bug.

Looking at the implementation of
ArticlesControllerTest#test_comment_spam1 I reckon a new test along
the lines of this should expose any bug.

  def test_comment_spam_with_markdown_smartypants
    settings[:comment_text_filter] = "markdown smartypants"

Where 'test_comment_spam1' takes a string with a well formed link in
it and simply turns it into a 'nofollow' link (and adds <p>...</p>
wrappers round the string).

I'll have a proper look later.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>