[typo] Typo Forums?

Rob Sanheim rsanheim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:08:12 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, Paul Brown <paulrbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> All --
>
> > [Lots of talk of forum and againstum snipped]
>
> What about a Yahoo! group for Typo?  RSS feeds of entries, good
> search, access via email, CAPTCHA-based bot protection, post directly
> via web, and no additional software or hardware to maintain?
>
> Just my $0.02.
>
> --
> Paul Brown
> http://mult.ifario.us

I have to say that the yahoo search for groups is basically unusable
when a group reaches a certain size.  Try searching a group that gets
a sizable amount of traffic, and you'll see what I mean.  You can only
search a subset of messages at one time, and that might mean 100
messages out of 10,000 posted to a list.

- Rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com/
http://www.ajaxian.com/