[typo] Typo Forums Now Available! (Moderators wanted!)

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:45:22 EST 2005

Now that is exactly why I posted at least a couple of times to the
list mentioning that Kevin and I were working on getting the forums up
& running, that is so there was no duplication of effort with
different people working on different forums....

As it stands we were/are working on cleaning up http://typoforums.org
to get it ready for release, didn't you think something was up when
you registered the domain and typoforums.org was already taken?

We decided on using SMF for the forum software for various reasons
that are discussed in the announcement thread:
http://typoforums.org/index.php/topic,2.new.html#new phpBB was not
chosen mainly because of it's bad track record with security (yes, it
may be better now but it is still a big target and a lot of people
don't think well of it). Typoforums.org is also the only decently
sized site running on a VPS so it isn't going to have any shared
hosting related problems.

So what do we do now? What would the Typo community prefer? Having two
lots of forums would be silly so one lot of the forums is going to
have to get another domain pointed to them....

Jason Bainbridge
An Aussie geek stuck in Texas - http://jasonbainbridge.com
Advertisement free blogs for those affected by emergency situations -