[typo] Abstemious Cache Sweeping

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Mon Dec 5 14:20:09 EST 2005

Justus Pendleton wrote:

>Or you could use frames which aren't server specific and work on almost
>every browser.  Moving the sidebar to a separate frame would probably
>make it easier to implement separate cache policies for the sidebar vs.
>the main content area.

I'm much more comfortable with the idea of a server-include, myself. If
we don't want to run Rails for simple includes, couldn't typo just even
be changed to generate ".php" files instead of ".html"? Then they could
simply include code like '<? include "/cache/sidebar.html"; ?>' in them.

I hate to be a downer, but I frequently browse with JS-off, and I know
at least two people who access my site from BlackBerrys. Making key
navigational/content entities depend on a javascript call is not exactly
"progressive enhancement".

Mike