[typo] Abstemious Cache Sweeping

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Mon Dec 5 11:03:45 EST 2005

William A. Carrel wrote:

>Last time Scott talked about fragment cache it sounded like it cost
>about an order of magnitude in performance versus the page cache.

Rather than a full fragment cache, couldn't it just be a singular cache
of the sidebar? Like, generate once, and then each individual page
inserts it on view? (I'm not familiar with how Typo serves up its cache,
but every page could just store a byte marker with it for "inject the
sidebar at position X")

After all, the sidebar and the content are fundamentally different
entities; seems silly to lose the cache of one when only the other has
changed.

Mike