[typo] Abstemious Cache Sweeping

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Sun Dec 4 13:54:54 EST 2005

On 2005-12-04, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
> Personally, I become more and more convinced that we need to have some
> way of doing ajax rendering of sidebars. Or fragment caching, which
> brings its own set of problems because you have to track fragment
> dependencies.

A more dynamic approach to sidebars is definitely something that would
improve typo.  If you make the sidebars too ajaxy then you run the risk
of making them useless in clients like lynx.  Maybe you say "typo just
doesn't work very nicely with non-ajax web browsers".  Or maybe you
pre-populate the div with potentially old content that gets updated by
ajax for browsers that support it.

Justus