[typo] Abstemious Cache Sweeping

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Sun Dec 4 12:23:59 EST 2005

On Dec 4, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Piers Cawley wrote:
> There's also issues with the tag cloud needing to be regenerated for
> every new article with tags. I'm half tempted to have article creation
> simply zap the entire cache and be done with it and just aim for
> better cache manipulation when new comments and trackbacks arrive.
>
> So, have I missed anything?
>
> Also, this is based on the azure theme's behaviour, but I'm going
> to try and avoid too much in the way of hard wiring. I'm also ignoring
> the implications of changing various other things in the admin
> interface, but the general way to deal with them is simply to zap the
> whole cache.

This looks pretty good, with a few additions:

1.  XML feeds -- they need swept, and I'm not sure how general we can
be with them--some need swept for every comment, while others don't
care about comments at all.
read/100 vs /articles/2005/10/10/hey_its_article_100

I'm starting to think that sweeping everything on article creation
isn't such a bad thing, but it'd be nice to be more sane with article
edits and especially comment creation.

Scott