[typo] Typo Forums?

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Sat Dec 3 17:57:32 EST 2005

Freedom Dumlao wrote:
> Why don't we have any typo forums?

Gmane has a mailing list gateway that presents the list via NNTP and two
different web interfaces.  You can see it here:

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.typo.user

If the list admins for this group don't mind I'll send email to the
gmane people today or tomorrow and have them import the typo list
archives into gmane.

> I think a forum might be easier to access than the mailing list

I think that might be part of why there isn't a forum ;-)  Is figuring
out how to subscribe to a mailing list really that big of a hurdle for
someone who wants to run a commercially unsupported blog system that
depends on a web framework that hasn't had its official 1.0 release yet
and is written in a language that a lot of hosting providers don't support?

> would be much easier to search through and access for new users?

You can search the mailing list pretty easily with google right now.
Try "site:http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/typo-list/ truncate table
users", for instance.  Of course that could be made easier by adding a
simple form to the typo website.  If gmane imports the archives then you
can search them from there, as well.

--
Justus