[typo] Live search results location

Brian Hutchison b.hutchison at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 14:02:47 EST 2005

I agree that the main issue with live search is the location of the results,
and that *is* up to the theme designer. Having the default theme work more
like origami is a good step.

My other usability problem with live search is that it inteferes with a
standard usage model of search: type in a phrase, e.g. "pragmatic rails" and
then click on an article, hit the back button, and look for the next
article... wait, where did the list go? You have to type your search phrase
over again. A way to "pin" the results in some way that persists would solve
the problem. Another solution would be to offer a "see these results on a
separate page" link at the top or bottom of the list, so tha the searcher
can perform their click into/back iterations off that page.

Let I sound like I'm against Live Search, I'm not. Just expressing my
thoughts here in this dialogue and hoping to make a good feature even
better.

Thoughts?