[typo] Live search results location

jonasb.16759522@bloglines.com jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com
Sat Dec 3 06:50:20 EST 2005

I don't think this is up to Typo, but rather up to each theme. In my own theme
I have no sidebar and put the live search result below the header and above
main content. I prefer that location (but I have much more work to do on my
theme to make it more usable and nice-looking).

/Jonas (jonas.b at home.se)

http://andthennothing.net

--- David Richardson wrote:
> Does anyone other
than me find the display of live search results inthe sidebar disconcerting
and semantically incorrect?
> While I'm searching for something, the results
of the query are myprimary focus. I want them to be visually dominant. Currently,
theresults are squished into the sidebar. All the while, the sidebar isdancing
a jig as the result list changes with each keystroke.Formatting of this block
is hard enough in such a small space, withouthaving to deal with craptastic
browsers that don't support max-widthand min-width and differing browser treatment
of the margin andpadding properties.
> To further confuse matters, using
a form submit to send the query tothe server displays the results in the main
content <div>.