[typo] Permalink Structure

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:49:42 EST 2005

On 12/1/05, facedown at mac.com <facedown at mac.com> wrote:> I've setup a test install of Typo, imported everything from WP, and> have it ready to go except for one thing. On my WP blog, I'm using> the following permalink structure:>> domain.tld/post_id/post_name/>> I don't want to break incoming links and need to find a way to keep> old links working in order to go live with the Typo install. I've> found config/routes.rb and assume I might be able to set something in> there to route visitors correctly, but don't know how to go about it.>> I really don't care about the final structure. IOW, if it's easier to> keep the Typo install using the articles/year/mo/day/post_name/> structure while redirecting those who come in on the old links,> that's okay. I'm not too concerned about links to category or date> archives—only links to individual articles.>> I appreciate any help you can offer. I've spent much of this> afternoon searching the Typo site, reading through the list archives,> and searching Google, but don't know that I've hit on the right> keywords, yet. If this has been written about elsewhere, I would> appreciate the link.
Have a look at config/routes.rb and then I think you will be able tofigure it out. ;)
I haven't had the time yet myself to work it all out but it lookslogical enough.
Cheers,--Jason BainbridgeAn Aussie geek stuck in Texas - http://jasonbainbridge.comAdvertisement free blogs for those affected by emergency situations -http://911blogs.com