[typo] Permalink Structure

facedown@mac.com facedown at mac.com
Thu Dec 1 19:40:45 EST 2005

I've setup a test install of Typo, imported everything from WP, and
have it ready to go except for one thing. On my WP blog, I'm using
the following permalink structure:

domain.tld/post_id/post_name/

I don't want to break incoming links and need to find a way to keep
old links working in order to go live with the Typo install. I've
found config/routes.rb and assume I might be able to set something in
there to route visitors correctly, but don't know how to go about it.

I really don't care about the final structure. IOW, if it's easier to
keep the Typo install using the articles/year/mo/day/post_name/
structure while redirecting those who come in on the old links,
that's okay. I'm not too concerned about links to category or date
archives—only links to individual articles.

I appreciate any help you can offer. I've spent much of this
afternoon searching the Typo site, reading through the list archives,
and searching Google, but don't know that I've hit on the right
keywords, yet. If this has been written about elsewhere, I would
appreciate the link.

Thanks,
Kevin