[typo] Frustrating Dreamhost/Typo experience

Scott Hughes (List) shughes_list at globalreset.org
Sun Aug 28 14:00:09 EDT 2005

On Aug 27, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Patrick Lenz wrote:

> On 26.08.2005, at 21:55, Scott Hughes (list) wrote:
>

>> I use lots of plugins...  Delicious, 43 Things, Categories,
>> Archives, and 5 or so static content.  I removed all of the
>> sidebar plugins and I get a slightly different error in
>> production.log.
>>
>> NoMethodError (undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass):
>>    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.9.1/lib/
>> action_controller/request.rb:13:in `method'
>>

> That's truly weird. That line is as follows:
>
>       env['REQUEST_METHOD'].downcase.to_sym
>
> What it boils down to is probably a proper CGI environment,
> something I've never encountered before. As I didn't follow this
> thread from the beginning, I don't know whether you already
> mentioned your versions of Typo, Rails, your webserver, etc.

Patrick,

I guess that exception is coming from the fact that I am running
dispatch.fcgi from the command-line.  Scott Laird suggested I try
this to see what exceptions could be hanging the dispatch.fcgi process.

I'm on a shared host (DreamHost) and haven't been able to figure out
what version of apache they are using.  My Typo version comes from
SVN, from about 8-9 days ago.

Scott