[typo] Application Error Typo could not be reached

Denis Lamotte dlamotte at bamboo.lu
Fri Aug 26 04:26:21 EDT 2005

Ralph Inselsbacher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as much as i try i can't get typo to run on a shared server hosted
> with site5. I followed all the instructions, but i still get that
> error message.
>
> Now i looked into my error logs and get the following with each try to
> contact typo: "Premature end of script headers:
> /home/rainonli/public_html/typo/public/dispatch.cgi"
>
> Can someone tell me, what that means?

the shebang line of the script did not find ruby
maybe your platform doesn't support #!/usr/bin/env ruby

run the following adapted script in the root folder of the rails app
ruby -i -pe 'gsub!("#!/usr/bin/env ruby", "#!/your/path/to/ruby")'
public/dispatch.* script/*

find more info on http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/HowtosInstallation

Lanfeust