[typo] Frustrating Dreamhost/Typo experience

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Aug 25 16:23:01 EDT 2005

On Aug 25, 2005, at 1:11 PM, Scott Hughes (List) wrote:
> After a while of waiting for it to "fix itself", I end up doing a
> "killall -9 dispatch.fcgi;  rake sweep_cache" and wait about 15-20
> minutes for it to start working again.  I don't know if that's the
> best procedure for reseting it or not...  And I'm really curious as
> to why it takes 15-20 minutes to start working again.

*15 minutes*.  That's really slow--my home system (Athlon 700, so not
very fast) is ready to start serving pages within a couple seconds.
I'd start by figuring out what's happening here.  Try running
dispatch.fcgi by hand and see if it spits out any errors or anything
else weird happens.  I don't use dreamhost, so I don't have any
concrete suggestions, but this seems really strange.

Scott