[typo] Help with sidebar content method

Christopher Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Thu Aug 25 16:09:34 EDT 2005

I'm working on a sidebar for BlogMap.  I have the basics working, but can't
seem to get my content method working, and I'm honestly just not sure what
the check_cache stuff does, how to properly write that call, etc.  I've got:

  def content
    @blogmap=check_cache(Blogmap, @sb_config['city']) rescue nil
  end

I've also tried putting "feed" in instead of "city", but the only
configuration parameters I have are city, state, and country, so I didn't
think feed would make sense (nor does it fix the problem).

The result is that in my content.rhtml, @blogmap is not defined, i.e. The
following is false:

  <% if @blogmap -%>

Can someone enlighten me as to how this method should be written, or what
I'm doing wrong (and what other code you'd need to see to know)?

--
Chris Bailey
Code Intensity
mailto: chris at codeintensity.com