[typo] Help with sidebar content method

Christopher Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Thu Aug 25 16:09:34 EDT 2005

I'm working on a sidebar for BlogMap.  I have the basics working, but can't
seem to get my content method working, and I'm honestly just not sure what
the check_cache stuff does, how to properly write that call, etc.  I've got:

  def content
    @blogmap=check_cache(Blogmap, @sb_config['city']) rescue nil

I've also tried putting "feed" in instead of "city", but the only
configuration parameters I have are city, state, and country, so I didn't
think feed would make sense (nor does it fix the problem).

The result is that in my content.rhtml, @blogmap is not defined, i.e. The
following is false:

  <% if @blogmap -%>

Can someone enlighten me as to how this method should be written, or what
I'm doing wrong (and what other code you'd need to see to know)?

Chris Bailey
Code Intensity
mailto: chris at codeintensity.com