[typo] Sidebars and caching

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Aug 23 13:22:49 EDT 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 9:32 AM, William A. Carrel wrote:

> Thinking about what various people have been saying about giving
> sidebars different caching properties.  We could explore
> implementing the whole sidebar or its constituent modules as an
> AJAX load (or SSI if we're feeling lowtech ;) so that it could be
> swept separately from the articles.  I'm not sure what implication
> this would have for things like Google AdSense in the sidebar.

Right now, there's no way for sidebar plugins to export a publicly-
visible controller action.  I have code for this in my filter patch
that would apply cleanly to sidebars, but it's not there yet.

I think there are probably better approaches to this problem then
adding a dozen ajax loads per page, though :-).

Scott