[typo] How to avoid cache

Ryan Abrams ryanabrams at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:05:46 EDT 2005

Scott,

I suspected as much. Running in dev mode seems like it will create
too much of a load on my host, so I'll have to pass on that.

Is there an easy way to sweep the cache from the command line, or
from a URL that I don't have to log-in to? I could setup a cron job
to ping something or run something every hour or so. Would deleting
just index.html if it exists cause the sidebars to refresh on ALL
pages, or just on the index?

Also, Typo inherits caching from Rails, right? It would seem a check
of the timestamp against some "time elapsed" parameter when accessing
the cache would be relatively straightforward at that level, and
would allow for expiration. Of course, I'm not about to dive into the
actual rails codebase to figure that out, so this paragraph is pretty
much pointless. Lazy Web. :-/

Anyway, thanks for the quick response. I'm sure I'll find a way to
get around it until a more elegant solution can be found.

-Ryan