[typo] Logs / Statistics

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Aug 22 19:58:31 EDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 1:26 AM, William A. Carrel wrote:

> Who's to say that seeing who views the article in their newsreader
> and how often isn't a statistic worth tracking?  (Bob is right
> about JS in the newsreaders, so we'll presume it's a 1x1 image bug,
> which may also not be terribly reliable.)  We're going to wind up
> encountering that same kind of trouble with the normal pages too.
> Robot visitors that don't get images or javascript aren't
> necessarily going to be tracked.  Whether or not they should is an
> opinion that differs depending on what you're trying to get out of
> the statistics.  (i.e. Are you measuring server load or human
> viewership.)

Heh, that's actually the biggest problem with my current stats
package. It treats robot visitors just like everybody else, so the
top slots of most of the stats it gives me are robots, which is
something I really don't care about. I want to know my human
readership and what parts of my blog they're reading and such, and I
just can't get a good reading with my current stats package.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com