[typo] code in comments

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Aug 22 11:34:58 EDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 8:26 AM, Paul McKellar wrote:
> i hope this is an appropriate list for this type of question.
>
> i sent a friend my blog and she tried to add a comment.  she claimed
> that she got code in her response and was capable of telling me that
> she was using IE someversion.  complete non tech so the idea of
> getting any sort of remote access was pretty intimidating.
>
> is there any known breakage with a version of IE? or for that matter
> any other browsers?
>
> she tends to have lots of computer problems, so i think it is on her
> end.  does typo fail gracefully without java and/or cookies enabled?
>
> is there a known issues list somewhere?

I'm not quite sure what she was saying.  There have been issues with
Typo and IE, largely because none of the Typo developers use Windows,
so we don't have an easy way to test things.  Feel free to submit bug
reports via typo.leetsoft.com, and include screenshots as
applicable.  Patches that fix problems are even better.

Typo doesn't use Java at all, but it requires JavaScript.  If JS is
disabled, then comments won't work.  We might want to look at fixing
that at some point in the future, but it's not a high priority for
any of us.  Again, we'll take patches :-)

Scott