[typo] Logs / Statistics

Bob Aman vacindak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:39:39 EDT 2005

> My line of reasoning was trying to work around the fact that a lot of
> people view their RSS feeds from intermediate RSS aggregators (such
> as feedster, technorati, et al.).  Without some "phone home" method
> like JavaScript or an image, those views are going to be lost.
> Presumably the JS would live in a segment that was reasonably polite
> for unsupported RSS readers.  Most OS X RSS readers that I've seen
> use WebCore so presumably could support JS with a minimal amount of
> effort.  This doesn't necessarily hold true for other platforms though.

Here's the thing.  If you actually have a feed reader that lets
Javascript through, or worse, actually executes it, it should probably
be considered to be dangerous and a reader to avoid.  Every good feed
reader/parser out there (my FeedTools library included) sanitizes all
Javascript without exception.  So this should not really be considered
a valid option.
--
Bob Aman