[typo] Multiple users

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Wed Aug 17 11:00:54 EDT 2005

On Aug 17, 2005, at 7:41 AM, Pratik wrote:

> Probably, there can be a 'base_url' or 'url_format' parameter in
> configuration file to derive that.

No configuration files!

The logical thing to do would be to have a base_url in the blogs
table, and then default to blog_id 1 when the incoming URL fails to
match any of the base_urls.

> I believe it's better idea for typo multiuser to be an independant
> sister project of typo. As multi-user blog doesn't really sound like
> typo's main goal. Plus, I think there are many more better things for
> lead typo developers to implement.

The problem with this is that multi-blog patches will be *really*
invasive.  That means that it'll be very hard to maintain an out-of-
tree multiblog patch.  Either the patch will rot and need major work
to get it to apply to each new Typo release, or the multi-blog
version will fork off and become its own project.

Given this, we'd almost certainly be best off having multi-blog
support in the main Typo tree, if we're going to do it at all.

Scott