[typo] Multiple users

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Aug 17 09:14:51 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 22:33, Pratik wrote:
> It has nothing to do with Rails. It's purely typo issue.

Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood your need and thought it
was similar to or overlapped with my requirement. I want
a single core of typo (which I presume means a single
instance of RoR as well) but be able to activate a unique
instance of that codebase for... ah... any virtual host
with it's own database, including an independent set of
users for that site.

"multi hosting" might be different to "multiple users".

I'll go sit in the back row again.

> On 8/17/05, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 August 2005 21:39, Pratik wrote:
> > > I am interested in modifying typo to allow multiple users with same
> > > installation base. I am not very familiar with typo source code and
> > > rails. But I am doing my home work everyday. If someone could provide
> > > me with basic structural changes details to achieve the goal of
> > > allowing multiple users, that would be very helpful.
> >
> > Sorry to post a "me too" but I seriously would like to have
> > access to a single code base with a potentially unlimited
> > number of user based instances. I'm stuck in a PHP world
> > until this is possible and unfortunately for me I am too
> > much of a ruby/RoR weenie to translate my PHP experience
> > to typo, or RoR.
> >
> > I suspect it's a matter of the RoR base being able to offer
> > this functionality and then typo will automatically also
> > offer the same... so it's a Ruby on Rails issue. Anyone
> > with practical suggestions howto ?

--markc