[typo] typo 2.5.3 on Dreamhost

Kris Kaido typouser at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 03:37:17 EDT 2005

I just installed Typo 2.5.3 on Dreamhost a couple of days ago, and
here are the basic steps I did :

1. Create your subdomain, e.g. blog.example.com, in the domain
settings, specify the path to the "public" directory of your Typo
2.5.3 installation. Enable FastCGI in the domain settings.
2. Be sure to have the correct settings in database.yml
3. Be sure to have your public dir and contents chmoded to 755.
4. Set RAILS_ENV = 'production' instead of the default "RAILS_ENV =
..." line in the config/environment.rb file

Everything should run fine. I had problems with 2.5.2 (as you may see
here before) but 2.5.3 just run fine for me on DH.

To be sure :
1. connect on DH through ssh
2. start a  'tail -f log/production.log' (production.log is created as
soon as you first visit your rails app in production mode) and look
for errors
3. visit your site
4. on DH host, do a 'ps axf' to see if you have dispatch.fcgi processes running