[typo] pages in Typo

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Wed Aug 10 19:22:43 EDT 2005

Quoting Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org>:
>> I'm thinking of using Typo as an administrative tool for simple
>> websites and I was thinking of creating a 'menu' using a list of
>> pages. Can someone explain how pages are meant to be used in typo?
>
> The original goal was for things like "about the author" pages and
> other relatively static content.  Don't let that limit your usage,
> though.  Just don't ask for comments on pages :-).

It's funny you should say that.  One of the awesome side-effects of using
non-published normal posts to simulate semi-static pages was that users could
comment on those pages.  Although it's good that pages have been separated out
(thus making the URLs a lot cleaner) it's a shame that we lost this
side-effect
in the process. :-)

TX