[typo] Document markup freeze for article?

Gilles Cherix gilles.cherix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:14:41 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Congratulations for the latest release (and the new design), it's
everyday more fun to use Ruby  on Rails and Typo!

I love the new design of Typo, but I would like to keep my
personalized one... and I'm probably not the only one. Unfortunately
the new release break the html markup in articles.rhtml. That's okay
if it happens once but it can be annoying if every release breaks our

Moreover at a certain point in future it'll be nice to have a sort of
a theme engine for Typo. With CSS it will be quite easy to add new
designs using alternative style sheets. We just need to be careful
when designing the markup in the styled documents. So my question is
the following: is there any discussion about the inside of
articles.rhtml should be or is the markup just an adhoc derivation in
order to support the azure design?

I'm at the moment digging into CSS/(X)HTML so I'd be glad to take
care of this part of the work, although it would be nice if someone
with an another point of view would argue with me so that I'm not the
only one to take decisions.

What do you think?

"Design" is like a religion - too much of it makes you inflexible and
unpopular.  -- Linus Torvalds