[typo] Regarding 2.5 and podcasting

Sean Treadway seant at superchannel.org
Wed Apr 27 06:20:08 EDT 2005

I'm leading the development of the Upload Progress code after
implementing the backend, reimplementing the Ajax helpers,
integrating it tightly into ActionPack and documenting the API.  DHH
says that the patch should be coming into the rails trunk when it
stabilizes.  What better way to stabilize than to test in different

For the uploading, I suggest that you go ahead with the podcasting
branch and start with the basic form uploading.  The upload progress
patch should mature at about the same rate.  One of the goals of the
progress is that it should be very easy to convert a traditional
multipart form to a form with upload progress so integration should
be smooth.  http://sean.treadway.info/files/howto-upload-progress.mov

Also, talking with the guys over at Odeo could shed some light on
what technologies are available, adopted and user friendly.  Maybe it
can be done backwards where the podcast uploads go to Odeo and an
Odeo aggregator can be added to Typo... ?

Willing to help in any way,