[typo] body_html

Tobias Luetke tobias.luetke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:24:26 EDT 2005

I left it in for this release so because of speed. Textilizing
everything before display
really is hard on the cpu. For the next release i look at statically
caching every page of
the blog (by moving the 42 minutes ago stuff to javascript ). I'll get
rid of the _html business for sure at this point. In hieraki I already
got rid of it and cache it in memory and it works fairly well as well
so If you want you could look at how hieraki does it and submit a
patch for typo.

On 4/24/05, Jesse Andrews <anotherjesse at gmail.com> wrote:
> sure, just make a method to the Article that will convert to html
> after you do the query and you are set...
>
> I personally like it since web blogs tend to be read more than edited.
>  Pre-computing the html optimizes for situtations like most blogs.
>
> If we built a more sophisticated caching mechanism (cache everything,
> invalidating cached article reads when a comment/trackback is
> added/removed or the article is edited, invalidating cached index when
> an article is removed )
>
> Since Typo does the "42 minutes since ..." it would be necsesary to
> not cache an article the first hour of its existance.  Once the
> granulatity of the time goes up, you can cache for an hour by default
>
> Jesse
>
> On 4/24/05, Ioan Bizau jr. <ib at sdf-eu.org> wrote:
> > Once I asked Tobias about the two fields "body" and "body_html". He said
> > that body_html is just an optimization and might be removed soon.
> > It really bothers me, because it feels wet (anti-dry). Can't we just
> > remove it?

Tobi
http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck
http://www.hieraki.org   - Open source book authoring