[typo] Errors running script/server

Sean Treadway seant at superchannel.org
Tue Apr 19 17:59:52 EDT 2005

Good to hear.

For the database problem:

You'll need to create your databases that you have defined in your
database.yml file (looks like you've done that already)
Then you'll need to create the tables in the database by running the
SQL scripts found in db.  One way is to the command line tools for your
database to import those scripts.  For Postgresql you can run the
following from your rails root:

psql your_blog_database_name < db/schema.psql.sql

For the webserver:

You're currently running the Webrick server which binds to port 3000.
Check the rails documentation for setting up a rails installation with
FastCGI if you want to run it with your existing web server, or take a
look at script/server and change the port from 3000 to 80.  I haven't
tried hosting a Typo blog under a different root
"http://server/some/path/to/blog, compared to "http://server/".  YMMV.