[typo] ticket #13 - add Archive articles by month (I hope this is what it means!)

Stuart Smith stuart.smith at smsconsulting.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 16:21:59 EDT 2005

I misunderstood the database dependency issues; I just assumed that
since an ISP/host would run typo against a specific persistent storage
mechanism then a specific version of archive.rb would be installed on
the target system. I just saw this as an extension of the multiple SQL
files to create the initial schema for a specific vendor db.

It would be interesting to see what others make of the problem regarding
vendor specific SQL statements. There are companies that make a living
from 'middleware' to allow the coder to write non-specific SQL (e.g.
RogueWave had something called dbtools.h that I used a long time ago but
that was a real 'pain in the ass' to use).