[typo] How do Trackbacks/Pings work in Typo?

Tobias Luetke tobias.luetke at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:49:29 EDT 2005

Pingback is a feature of weblogs which allows you to "ping" pages
which you mention in your articles so that they can create a link back
to you.
Trackback is the same in active, you give the trackback call a
endpoint and it will inform the endpoint about your post.

Typo supports these features. To send out a trackback you have to use
the moveable type api and a client like marsedit which supports this
feature.

As far as i know there is no traditional step through debugger for
ruby ( might be wrong, someone said eclipse supports it )

But if you have seen any rails applications before you should feel at home.

On Apr 10, 2005 2:17 PM, Stuart Smith
<stuart.smith at smsconsulting.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here - never used blogging, know nothing
> about Ruby and know very little about RoR. However, I'm determined to
> use Typo as my learning project so could someone explain to me how I use
> the Trackback and/or Ping feature in Typo.
>
> It would also be very useful for me to follow the Typo code thru a
> debugger - how do I do that?
>
> Thanks

Tobi
http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck