[typo] Typo Install problems

Sergio Rael sergio.rael at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:58:25 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:16 AM, Konrad Riedel <riedel at ibr-oss.de> wrote:

> And I have a question regarding german umlauts, they are ok in Webrick,
> but wrong in apache.
>
> Any Hints?

This is probably related to the content-encoding in Apache. I noticed
a problem as well with that, it seems that the webpage declare itself
to be utf-8:

but Typo (Rails (Ruby)) doesn't declare itself has being UTF-8 with

@headers["Content-Type"] = "text/html; charset=UTF-8"

as explained in: http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset

So the default content-type of your Apache is used instead. My
AddDefaultCharset in Apache is set to UTF-8 and I don't have a single
problem with that as long as I send the information to Typo (with
sqlite) encoded in UTF-8 as well.

Sergio