[typo] Route problems

Ioan Bizau jr. ib at sdf-eu.org
Sun Apr 3 11:24:47 EDT 2005

Hey guys,

I am having trouble with the routes to feeds in Typo.
If I view /xml/rss/feed.xml in a webbrowser it works ok. After I try to
add the feed in RssBandit it becomes unusable, even from the browser. I
get the following message:

-------------

Routing Error

No route for path: "feed.xml"

Failure reasons:
<ActionController::Routing::Route "" when {:controller=>"articles"}>
failed because unused components were left: feed.xml
<ActionController::Routing::Route "xml/:action/feed.xml" ||
{:action=>"index"} when {:controller=>"xml"}> failed because value for
component "xml" doesn't match feed.xml
<ActionController::Routing::Route "articles/:year/:month/:day/:title"
when {:controller=>"articles", :action=>"permalink"}> failed because
value for component "articles" doesn't match feed.xml
<ActionController::Routing::Route ":controller/:action/:id" ||
{:id=>nil, :action=>"index"}> failed because no controller found at
subpath feed.xml

The strange thing is that now it doesn't work anymore, even if I restart
webrick. (!!) Very, very strange. I compare the files from my
installation with the original files and everything is unchanged. I
erase my installation, copy the original files, change my settings
and... it works! Until next time I try to add it in RssBandit. :-(
Any ideas?

Ioan