[Tigerops-community] Facets 2.6 Released
transfire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 22:36:16 EDT 2009
Facets 2.6.0 removes htmlfilter.rb and cssfilter.rb due to licensing
incompatability. These scripts are now available as a separate package
called 'htmlfilter'. Also removed are a few MORE libs that were too
experimental and/or not robust enough. Effectively this finishes up
the "spring cleaning" of the MORE lib mentioned a few releases back.
Yet it also marks a new start in trimming MORE down further. This is
being done for three reasons 1) Some of the MORE libs would be better
served as separate projects. 2) Facets will become a tighter library,
primarily focused on extensions. And 3) all libraries involved will
become easier to maintain and thus more robust in the long run.
This trimming will occur slowly and incrementally based on perceived
This release also fixes an important arity bug with the recently added
Module#extend method --one of the very few actual core overrides in
### 2.6.0 / 2009-07-03
* 7 Major Enhancements
* Removed htmlfilter.rb due to licensing issues.
* Also removed cssfilter.rb ('gem install htmlfilter' now)
* Removed rwdelegator.rb, simply not a robust solution.
* Removed buildable.rb, api is too confusing.
* Removed meta.rb which was not very useful and too experimental
* Removed prototype.rb, which needs it's own project.
* 3 Minor Enhancements
* Removed Kernel#__HERE__ as it simply cannot work.
(Ruby 1.9.2 will offer #source_location for the same, btw)
* Returned binding/opvars to core.
* Added Integer#length as suggested by Victor H. Goff III.
* 1 Bug Fix
* Fixed arity issue with Module#extend.
More information about the Tigerops-community